New shows unveiled for Regent
BOSSES at Ipswich's Regent theatre have today announced a number of acts and performances due to play the venue later this year. As part of the theatre's Autumn 2008 programme the opera Carmen, comedian Joe Pasquale, and Royal Philharmonic Orchestra have announced dates at the 1,650 seat auditorium.
BOSSES at Ipswich's Regent theatre have today announced a number of acts and performances due to play the venue later this year.
As part of the theatre's Autumn 2008 programme the opera Carmen, comedian Joe Pasquale, and Royal Philharmonic Orchestra have announced dates at the 1,650 seat auditorium.
Hazel Clover, theatre manager, said: “We are delighted to announce we have secured the services of a number of acts that we hope will entertain our audiences.
“We now have a fantastic line up for Autumn 2008 for our customers.”
The Regent has also announced Puppetry of the Penis, Jethro, Shakespease4Kidz and Sing-a-long-a-Abba, though tickets have yet to go on sale for the latest shows announced by the theatre.
Miss Clover said other Autumn acts include Status Quo, Level 42, Jason Donovan as well as comedian Paddy McGuinness, and this year's pantomime Aladdin with tickets now on sale for these shows.
- 1 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 4 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 5 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 6 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 9 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 10 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
Miss Clover added: “We are particularly pleased to have a high profile orchestra such as the Royal Philharmonic coming to the regent.
“The orchestra are planning a Tchaikovsky gala which will include the Nutcracker Suite and the 1812 overture complete with cannon.”
For more information and tickets for on sale shows call the box office on 01473 433100.
What would you like to see at The Regent Theatre? Are you a regular customer of the venue? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to email@example.com