New shows unveiled for Regent
BOSSES at Ipswich's Regent theatre have today announced a number of acts and performances due to play the venue later this year. As part of the theatre's Autumn 2008 programme the opera Carmen, comedian Joe Pasquale, and Royal Philharmonic Orchestra have announced dates at the 1,650 seat auditorium.
BOSSES at Ipswich's Regent theatre have today announced a number of acts and performances due to play the venue later this year.
As part of the theatre's Autumn 2008 programme the opera Carmen, comedian Joe Pasquale, and Royal Philharmonic Orchestra have announced dates at the 1,650 seat auditorium.
Hazel Clover, theatre manager, said: “We are delighted to announce we have secured the services of a number of acts that we hope will entertain our audiences.
“We now have a fantastic line up for Autumn 2008 for our customers.”
You may also want to watch:
The Regent has also announced Puppetry of the Penis, Jethro, Shakespease4Kidz and Sing-a-long-a-Abba, though tickets have yet to go on sale for the latest shows announced by the theatre.
Miss Clover said other Autumn acts include Status Quo, Level 42, Jason Donovan as well as comedian Paddy McGuinness, and this year's pantomime Aladdin with tickets now on sale for these shows.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
Miss Clover added: “We are particularly pleased to have a high profile orchestra such as the Royal Philharmonic coming to the regent.
“The orchestra are planning a Tchaikovsky gala which will include the Nutcracker Suite and the 1812 overture complete with cannon.”
For more information and tickets for on sale shows call the box office on 01473 433100.
What would you like to see at The Regent Theatre? Are you a regular customer of the venue? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to email@example.com