New skin clinics to cut waiting times
A NEW GP-led dermatology clinic, set to ease hospital waiting lists, has been launched.Based at the Constable Country Medical Surgery in East Bergholt, the new clinic will give patients access to dermatology treatment and advice without the need to travel to hospital or go on a hospital waiting list.
A NEW GP-led dermatology clinic, set to ease hospital waiting lists, has been launched.
Based at the Constable Country Medical Surgery in East Bergholt, the new clinic will give patients access to dermatology treatment and advice without the need to travel to hospital or go on a hospital waiting list.
The clinics will be run by Dr Jeremy Halfhide, a GP at the surgery who specialises in dermatology and is trained and qualified as a GP with a specialist interest .
He said: "Patients can often wait a long time on hospital waiting lists for their first outpatients dermatology appointment. This new clinic should go some way to reducing those lists and give patients faster access to specialist advice," The clinics will be run once a week on a Tuesday morning from the East Bergholt practice, with a further clinic on a Thursday afternoon starting in August - referrals can be made by all GPs in the Central Suffolk Primary Care Trust area.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Halfhide will see all types of dermatology complaints except those suspected of having cancer. This falls in line with the government initiative that all patients suspected of suffering from cancer should be seen by a consultant specialist within two weeks.
Patients suffering from complex skin complaints will still be referred to an acute hospital to see a specialist.
- 1 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 2 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 3 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 10 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
Dr Ayache, a colleague of Dr Halfhide at the Constable Country Medical Practice, already undertakes specialist Ear Nose and Throat Clinics from the practice.