New stage of Garrett Anderson opens
NON-emergency patients will be treated in Ipswich Hospital's new Garrett Anderson Centre for the first time today.The hospital's critical care department will open its doors this morning in the £26million treatment centre.
NON-emergency patients will be treated in Ipswich Hospital's new Garrett Anderson Centre for the first time today.
The hospital's critical care department will open its doors this morning in the £26million treatment centre.
The centre, which was blighted by flooding and electrical problems which delayed its opening by months, will house emergency care, day surgery, elective care and critical care.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped that the critical care department will help to boost the hospital's infection control crackdown thanks to its four isolation rooms.
The state-of-the-art new 22-bed department also includes a patient monitoring system.
- 1 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 2 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 3 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 4 Ipswich carer stole £570 from autistic client's bank account
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Tesco introduces permanent quiet hours at its stores
- 7 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 8 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 9 Everything you need to know about inflatable Waterfront sculpture
- 10 Fresh warning to parents after children re-enact Squid Game on playgrounds
Critical Care matron Mary Parfitt said: "Patients, visitors and staff alike will notice a huge difference and my team are very much looking forward to being able to improve the care we provide our patients."
The emergency department has already moved into the Garrett Anderson Centre and later this month a day surgery suite and a 40-bed ward for elective care will also open.
Mike Brookes, hospital Chairman, said: "The new four-storey centre gives the hospital more space and modern facilities to provide excellence in patient care and has been designed with patient privacy and dignity, and infection control in mind. It also offers hugely improved facilities for staff."
Have you visited the new Garrett Anderson Centre? How did you find the centre? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com.