New Town store 'a big hit'
IPSWICH Town's new Planet Blue Superstore is proving a big hit in its first week of opening – and the club is confident it will be a magnet for fans in the run-up to Christmas.
IPSWICH Town's new Planet Blue superstore is proving a big hit in its first week of opening – and the club is confident it will be a magnet for fans in the run-up to Christmas.
The new two-storey shop has opened between the Cobbold and North Stands and is offering a much wider range of goods than ever before.
"We opened on Sunday morning before the Norwich game, and we had queues of people trying to get in all day," said club retail manager Michael Brooks.
"We have much more floorspace and are able to stock many more items – but more than that we want to make Planet Blue an attractive destination store for people," he added.
You may also want to watch:
The shop is now large enough to have separate departments for menswear, womenswear and childrenswear, and gifts, as well as replica kits and beachwear.
Members of the first team squad were at the store today to sign copies of the new Ipswich Town yearbook which has just been published.
- 1 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 2 Community 'very shocked' by stabbing in Ipswich
- 3 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 4 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 5 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 6 Work to start on new Ipswich town centre retirement homes
- 7 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 8 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 9 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 10 Pair in court following suspected stolen dogs raid at West Meadows
Mr Brooks was keen to point out that the new Planet Blue superstore is not the only retail outlet for the club – it also has stores in the Buttermarket Centre in Ipswich and Abbeygate Street in Bury St Edmunds.
The opening of the new store is a significant step towards the completion of the North Stand.
At the other end, between the North and Britannia Stands, a new bar is being completed – and the stand itself is due for final fitting out by the end of October.