New Town store 'a big hit'
IPSWICH Town's new Planet Blue Superstore is proving a big hit in its first week of opening – and the club is confident it will be a magnet for fans in the run-up to Christmas.
IPSWICH Town's new Planet Blue superstore is proving a big hit in its first week of opening – and the club is confident it will be a magnet for fans in the run-up to Christmas.
The new two-storey shop has opened between the Cobbold and North Stands and is offering a much wider range of goods than ever before.
"We opened on Sunday morning before the Norwich game, and we had queues of people trying to get in all day," said club retail manager Michael Brooks.
"We have much more floorspace and are able to stock many more items – but more than that we want to make Planet Blue an attractive destination store for people," he added.
The shop is now large enough to have separate departments for menswear, womenswear and childrenswear, and gifts, as well as replica kits and beachwear.
Members of the first team squad were at the store today to sign copies of the new Ipswich Town yearbook which has just been published.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 8 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 9 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
- 10 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
Mr Brooks was keen to point out that the new Planet Blue superstore is not the only retail outlet for the club – it also has stores in the Buttermarket Centre in Ipswich and Abbeygate Street in Bury St Edmunds.
The opening of the new store is a significant step towards the completion of the North Stand.
At the other end, between the North and Britannia Stands, a new bar is being completed – and the stand itself is due for final fitting out by the end of October.