New transport network for Shotley
PEOPLE living on the Shotley Peninsula should be buzzing with a new improved transport system.The Buzabout transport system links up with regular bus, train and ferry services giving those living, working or visiting the Peninsula the chance to travel around with ease.
PEOPLE living on the Shotley Peninsula should be buzzing with a new improved transport system.
The Buzabout transport system links up with regular bus, train and ferry services giving those living, working or visiting the Peninsula the chance to travel around with ease.
Three new services make up the Buzabout network – the community car service, Dial- a-ride and Community Transport.
The Community Car Service is on hand for the price of a bus fare if the journey within the area cannot be taken by bus, or if people live in an area that is not on a bus route and need to connect with one of the scheduled bus services.
It runs from 7am-7pm Monday to Friday.
Dial-a-ride serves the elderly, people with disabilities and those with mobility problems and runs for the cost of a bus fare.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 3 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 4 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 5 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 10 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings
It operates from 9.30am to 4.30pm Mondays to Fridays.
Groups and organisations on the peninsula who want to travel to meetings or go on outings can benefit from the Community Transport Service.
Vehicles can be hired and are available mainly at weekends or evenings.
The new services will fit in with the existing bus services which have been improved to connect with them.
There will be a two-hourly Buzabout 98 service to Ipswich from Shotley Gate via Ewarton, Harkstead and Holbrook, which will connect with the Shotley Ferry in the summer months. There is also an improved First Bus service 93/94 which has been extended to provide links from Ipswich via
Capel St Mary to Colchester and Hadleigh. Through and return tickets can be used onto Buzabout Community Car journeys.