New transport network for Shotley
PEOPLE living on the Shotley Peninsula should be buzzing with a new improved transport system.The Buzabout transport system links up with regular bus, train and ferry services giving those living, working or visiting the Peninsula the chance to travel around with ease.
PEOPLE living on the Shotley Peninsula should be buzzing with a new improved transport system.
The Buzabout transport system links up with regular bus, train and ferry services giving those living, working or visiting the Peninsula the chance to travel around with ease.
Three new services make up the Buzabout network – the community car service, Dial- a-ride and Community Transport.
The Community Car Service is on hand for the price of a bus fare if the journey within the area cannot be taken by bus, or if people live in an area that is not on a bus route and need to connect with one of the scheduled bus services.
You may also want to watch:
It runs from 7am-7pm Monday to Friday.
Dial-a-ride serves the elderly, people with disabilities and those with mobility problems and runs for the cost of a bus fare.
- 1 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 2 Community 'very shocked' by stabbing in Ipswich
- 3 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 4 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 5 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 6 Work to start on new Ipswich town centre retirement homes
- 7 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 8 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 9 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 10 Pair in court following suspected stolen dogs raid at West Meadows
It operates from 9.30am to 4.30pm Mondays to Fridays.
Groups and organisations on the peninsula who want to travel to meetings or go on outings can benefit from the Community Transport Service.
Vehicles can be hired and are available mainly at weekends or evenings.
The new services will fit in with the existing bus services which have been improved to connect with them.
There will be a two-hourly Buzabout 98 service to Ipswich from Shotley Gate via Ewarton, Harkstead and Holbrook, which will connect with the Shotley Ferry in the summer months. There is also an improved First Bus service 93/94 which has been extended to provide links from Ipswich via
Capel St Mary to Colchester and Hadleigh. Through and return tickets can be used onto Buzabout Community Car journeys.