Newly-weds take on trekking challenge
NEWLY-WEDS Andy and Natasha Reed are preparing for the biggest challenge of their lives – trekking Morocco's High Atlas mountain range.They are taking part in the adventure to raise money for Christie's against Cancer, but need to raise a minimum of £3,000.
NEWLY-WEDS Andy and Natasha Reed are preparing for the biggest challenge of their lives - trekking Morocco's High Atlas mountain range.
They are taking part in the adventure to raise money for Christie's against Cancer, but need to raise a minimum of £3,000.
They have collected in Ipswich town centre, held a pub quiz in Great Blakenham and organised a come to work in pink day at Mrs Reed's workplace, Aceville Publications in Colchester, but still have £2,500 to raise.
The Reeds, of Knightsdale Road, will spend four days trekking the High Atlas mountain range in June.
This will culminate in an eight-hour trek to the summit of Jebel Toubkal, the highest point in the Atlas range and one of north Africa's tallest peaks.
Christie's against Cancer is the fundraising appeal that supports the work of the Christie Hospital in Manchester, the largest single-site research and treatment centre in Europe.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 6 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 7 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
- 8 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 9 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 10 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
Mrs Reed, 25, said: "We only got married in July and, as newly-weds, thought this would be a fun thing to do together.
"Neither of us is very fit so we have a lot of training to do to conquer the mountains, especially in 30-degrees heat!
"We really want to raise as much money for Christie's against Cancer as possible.
"We have already received lots of support from our family, friends and colleagues and we are extremely grateful."