Newport: Gunman wreaks havoc at hairdressers in Wales
THREE women were injured after a shooting at a hairdressers today, police said.
One woman was shot in the knee after a man armed with a gun went into the salon in Newport, South Wales this afternoon.
Another woman suffered an injury to the neck and a third was injured in the arm, but Gwent Police would not confirm whether they had been shot. None of the injuries were said to be life-threatening.
The force said they were called to the hairdressers in Malpas Road at around 2.20pm to reports three people had been injured.
A statement from Gwent Police said: “A male had entered the premises with a firearm. Officers have recovered a firearm from the premises.
“A female received a gunshot wound to the knee. Another female has an injury to the neck and another female an injury to the arm. At this time the nature of these injuries has not been confirmed.
“None of the injuries are life threatening. All three adult females are receiving medical treatment and are currently with police officers.”
- 1 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 2 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 3 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 4 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 5 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 6 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 9 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 10 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
Police are still looking for the man involved and said inquiries are “ongoing”.