Newport: Gunman wreaks havoc at hairdressers in Wales
THREE women were injured after a shooting at a hairdressers today, police said.
One woman was shot in the knee after a man armed with a gun went into the salon in Newport, South Wales this afternoon.
Another woman suffered an injury to the neck and a third was injured in the arm, but Gwent Police would not confirm whether they had been shot. None of the injuries were said to be life-threatening.
The force said they were called to the hairdressers in Malpas Road at around 2.20pm to reports three people had been injured.
A statement from Gwent Police said: “A male had entered the premises with a firearm. Officers have recovered a firearm from the premises.
You may also want to watch:
“A female received a gunshot wound to the knee. Another female has an injury to the neck and another female an injury to the arm. At this time the nature of these injuries has not been confirmed.
“None of the injuries are life threatening. All three adult females are receiving medical treatment and are currently with police officers.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
Police are still looking for the man involved and said inquiries are “ongoing”.