Elmer Sheeran? Meet the Elmers that will be on display next year
- Credit: Archant
Businesses across Suffolk have today been discovering what their giant Elmer statue will look like when Elmer’s Big Parade - Suffolk goes live next summer.
Sponsors attended a match making event hosted by John Grose Ford in Ipswich on Tuesday night and put in bids for their preferred designs.
And the team from organisers St Elizabeth’s Hospice have been confirming which designs have been allocated to which sponsors.
There will be 50 hand-painted Elmer’s on display throughout Ipswich as part of the parade, which celebrates the dual 30th birthday of St Elizabeth’s Hospice and the patchwork elephant.
Norman Lloyd, parade campaign manager, said: “Although the team at the hospice have seen the designs before, this was the first time that any of the sponsors had seen any of them, and believe me narrowing it down to just three favourites was no easy task!”
The parade will launch in June 2019, the Elmers will then be auctioned off with all proceeds going to the St Elizabeth Hospice.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 6 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 7 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich