Elmer Sheeran? Meet the Elmers that will be on display next year
- Credit: Archant
Businesses across Suffolk have today been discovering what their giant Elmer statue will look like when Elmer’s Big Parade - Suffolk goes live next summer.
Sponsors attended a match making event hosted by John Grose Ford in Ipswich on Tuesday night and put in bids for their preferred designs.
And the team from organisers St Elizabeth’s Hospice have been confirming which designs have been allocated to which sponsors.
There will be 50 hand-painted Elmer’s on display throughout Ipswich as part of the parade, which celebrates the dual 30th birthday of St Elizabeth’s Hospice and the patchwork elephant.
Norman Lloyd, parade campaign manager, said: “Although the team at the hospice have seen the designs before, this was the first time that any of the sponsors had seen any of them, and believe me narrowing it down to just three favourites was no easy task!”
You may also want to watch:
The parade will launch in June 2019, the Elmers will then be auctioned off with all proceeds going to the St Elizabeth Hospice.
- 1 Ipswich hairdressers hoping to transform lives at new town centre salon
- 2 'A bridge too far' - Crane Sports boss Radnor speaks out as club pull out of League
- 3 'Quick-thinking' member of public spotted Felixstowe drink-driver
- 4 The Botanist looking for staff ahead of rumoured Ipswich opening
- 5 Drug line 'marketing manager' jailed for role in £33k-a-month dealing operation
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 Couple rescue woman stuck in mud with help from their dog
- 10 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave