Elmer Sheeran? Meet the Elmers that will be on display next year
- Credit: Archant
Businesses across Suffolk have today been discovering what their giant Elmer statue will look like when Elmer’s Big Parade - Suffolk goes live next summer.
Sponsors attended a match making event hosted by John Grose Ford in Ipswich on Tuesday night and put in bids for their preferred designs.
And the team from organisers St Elizabeth’s Hospice have been confirming which designs have been allocated to which sponsors.
There will be 50 hand-painted Elmer’s on display throughout Ipswich as part of the parade, which celebrates the dual 30th birthday of St Elizabeth’s Hospice and the patchwork elephant.
Norman Lloyd, parade campaign manager, said: “Although the team at the hospice have seen the designs before, this was the first time that any of the sponsors had seen any of them, and believe me narrowing it down to just three favourites was no easy task!”
You may also want to watch:
The parade will launch in June 2019, the Elmers will then be auctioned off with all proceeds going to the St Elizabeth Hospice.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder