NHS bosses told: You're out of touch
YOU'RE out of touch.That was MP John Gummer's withering assessment today of health bosses' defence of their decision to splash nearly half-a-million pounds of tax-payers' money on a new car park.
YOU'RE out of touch.
That was MP John Gummer's withering assessment today of health bosses' defence of their decision to splash nearly half-a-million pounds of tax-payers' money on a new car park.
His angry reaction came after NHS Suffolk chairman Alistair McWhirter accused The Evening Star - which raised a string of concerns over the controversy - of being unbalanced in its reporting on the matter.
Mr Gummer said he had been “absolutely outraged” over the �475,000 purchase of a farm opposite the organisation's plush riverside headquarters in Paper Mill Lane, Bramford.
“The chairman of NHS Suffolk is out of touch with the people of Suffolk,” blasted the Suffolk Coastal MP.
“This is another unjustifiable example of exorbitant spending by the NHS.”
- 1 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 2 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 3 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 4 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 5 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 6 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 7 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 10 Education 'exemplary' at Outstanding Ipswich academy
See tonight's Evening star for the full story.