Nine-year-old boy found dead in Thetford
POLICE are today continuing their investigation into the death of a nine-year-old boy at his home in Thetford, Norfolk.The boy was found by a family member at approximately 8.
POLICE are today continuing their investigation into the death of a nine-year-old boy at his home in Thetford, Norfolk.
The boy was found by a family member at approximately 8.10pm yesterday and emergency services were called to the scene.
He later died in hospital.
Detective Chief Inspector, Neil Firm, leading the investigation, said: “We are treating the death as a tragic accident at this time however we await the outcome of a Home Office post mortem which will take place tomorrow.”
The post mortem is due to take place at Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge tomorrow morning.
A police family liaison officer has been appointed to work with the boy's family.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 4 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 5 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 7 Wallet and cash stolen as two more cars have windows smashed in in Ipswich
- 8 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 9 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 10 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph