Nine-year-old girl ‘approached and followed’ by two men on bicycles in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses and information after a nine-year-old girl reported being approached by two men on bicycles in Ipswich.
The incident occurred around 4.10pm on Tuesday on Waterworks Street.
“The girl was walking alone when the two men cycled up to her, with one putting his arm out and asking to speak to her,” said a police statement released today.
“They followed her for a short time but eventually stopped and the girl continued home.
“The suspects are described as white and both were riding black bicycles.”
Anybody who saw anything suspicious at the time, or believes they may know the identity of the men, was asked to call Suffolk Police on 101 quoting 57824/16.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 6 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 9 Ipswich MP Tom Hunt speaks of 'disgust' at Downing Street parties
- 10 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store