Snow

Snow

max temp: 4°C

min temp: -3°C

Search

No animals harmed after small electrical fire at Ipswich vets

PUBLISHED: 17:12 28 December 2017 | UPDATED: 17:12 28 December 2017

Two fire crews were called to the incident. Picture: PHIL MORLEY

Two fire crews were called to the incident. Picture: PHIL MORLEY

Archant

A small fire took place at an Ipswich vet surgery on Wednesday night.

Two fire engines - one from Ipswich East and one from Princes Street - were called to a fire at the Vets 4 Pets surgery on Handford Road shortly after 5.20pm.

A spokesperson for the fire service said that a small fire had broken out in an electrical box at the surgery and that UK Power Networks were called to the scene to turn off the power in the building before the scene was made safe.

Following the incident Vets for Pets released a statement on their Facebook page saying: “We have had a small electrical fault in the building this evening which has taken out our power and has prevented us from transferring phone calls to our Out of Hours practice at VetsNow.”

Staff at the surgery confirmed that no animals had been harmed in the incident and that services had continued as normal on Thursday.

Most Read

Latest from the Ipswich Star

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists