No further action against two arrested in connection with Tavis Spencer-Aitkens murder
- Credit: Archant
Two of eight people arrested in connection with the murder of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens will face no further police action.
The 17-year-old suffered a fatal stab wound after being attacked by a group of males at about 4.50pm on June 2 in Packard Avenue, Ipswich.
Among eight arrests, Aristote Yenge, 22, of Ipswich, and a 16-year-old boy from Colchester were charged with murder and will appear at crown court on Thursday.
Police said they were now satisfied that a 41-year-old man, arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder, and a 36-year-old woman, arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, should face no further action at this time.
Three men, 20, 18 and 23, and a boy of 17, were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder and have been bailed until Monday 30 July.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should visit mipp.police.uk/operation/804, call 101 quoting reference 30192/18 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 9 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 10 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast