No health HQ for Ipswich
IPSWICH looks set to be discounted as a location for the new regional Strategic Health Authority's headquarters.The Evening Star can today reveal that the town was considered as a base for the organisation with an annual budget of £4m, but a former hospital at Fulborn in Cambridgeshire is likely to be chosen.
IPSWICH looks set to be discounted as a location for the new regional Strategic Health Authority's headquarters.
The Evening Star can today reveal that the town was considered as a base for the organisation with an annual budget of £4m, but a former hospital at Fulborn in Cambridgeshire is likely to be chosen.
That is where the SHA has been temporarily based since it was formed in April to replace county-wide health authorities in Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire.
Suffolk Health's offices at St Clements in Foxhall Road, Ipswich and Thingoe House in Bury St Edmunds were considered. However, Ipswich's new Primary Care Trust moved into the former and Suffolk West PCT, together with West Suffolk Hospital and charities share the latter.
You may also want to watch:
The SHA will employ about 70 people and a report states it needs facilities including car parking, coffee points, and an attractive business-like décor.
It also needs 70 workstations, meeting rooms, local housing available for staff, access for shops and low running costs.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 3 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation
- 4 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 5 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 6 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 7 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 8 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 9 Man charged with assault after police officer punched in the face
- 10 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
The report, being considered at a public board meeting of the SHA, at the Suffolk Showground in Ipswich this afternoon said renting premises at Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket or Norwich, would cost almost £1m more than at Fulbourn.