No penalty for gang members arrested
THREE teenagers from gangs which clashed in a brawl on Felixstowe seafront are to have no further action taken against them.Three youngsters were injured in the late-night fracas, which happened in Sea Road near Charles Manning's Amusement Park.
By Richard Cornwell
THREE teenagers from gangs which clashed in a brawl on Felixstowe seafront are to have no further action taken against them.
Three youngsters were injured in the late-night fracas, which happened in Sea Road near Charles Manning's Amusement Park.
The fight last month broke out between a gang of youngsters from Felixstowe and a gang from Easton, near Framlingham.
You may also want to watch:
Three teenagers from Easton are believed to have suffered facial injuries and broken noses.
Police arrested two 15-year-old boys and a 14-year-old girl from Felixstowe in connection with the incident.
- 1 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 2 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 6 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 7 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 8 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 9 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 10 Police attend Ipswich Waterfront property as part of murder probe
They were interviewed and released pending further inquiries on police bail, but a police spokeswoman said that following further investigations it had been decided that no further action would be taken.
Felixstowe police sector commander Insp Andy Bushell has stepped up patrols the seafront because more people are using the area during the lighter and warmer summer evenings.
He has said that people should be able to come to Felixstowe to enjoy themselves but officers will take action to deal with anyone whose behaviour spoils things or stops other people having a good time.
Last summer there were a number of incidents of "gang fights" between Felixstowe youths and teenage groups visiting the seaside from other parts of the county – including Hadleigh, Ipswich, Stowmarket and Needham Market.
The friction was fuelled by alcohol and led to problems described by police as "quite nasty" including nuisance and harassment, drunkenness and damage, intimidation and assault.
At least ten youngsters from the resort had their names placed on a new county youth nuisance blacklist aimed at cutting anti-social behaviour.