Dramatic picture of car wreckage shows driver was ‘lucky to escape’, say police
- Credit: Archant
This was the shocking wreckage of a car after it lost control and hit a tree on a Suffolk road.
Fortunately, the young driver behind the wheel of the grey Seat vehicle escaped without injury, despite the heavy impact destroying much of the front and side of the car.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Police Team tweeted the image in a bid to warn drivers of the slippery conditions on the road during the winter.
Following the crash in Tuddenham Road, Ipswich at about 7.45pm on Tuesday, December 5, officers Tweeted: “A young driver was lucky to escape this collision this evening without injury after they lost control and hit a tree.
“Roads are very slippery and greasy this evening and the temperature is dropping.
You may also want to watch:
“Slow down, adapt to the changing weather conditions and #DriveToArrive.”
Suffolk police advise drivers to consider, check and prepare a number of things when they head out on the county’s roads, whether it be checking the conditions before travelling or carrying a mobile phone with sufficient battery charge in order to call for help.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder