BMW driver given £100 fine for not wearing a seatbelt
- Credit: Archant
A driver spotted not wearing a seatbelt was stopped by police and given a £100 on the spot fine.
Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team Tweeted that they had stopped the German-registered BMW, which had a foreign driver, in Ipswich on Friday, October 26.
Officers Tweeted: “Stopped this German registered car in #Ipswich as the foreign driver was not wearing a seat belt and also claimed not to reside in the UK so payment of £100 was required at the roadside.”
By law, anyone who is travelling in a car must wear a seat belt if one is fitted in the vehicle their travelling in - or face a fine of up to £500.
Drivers can also be fined up to £500 if a child under 14 is not in the correct car seat or wearing a seatbelt while driving.
People can unbuckle their seatbelt when reversing the vehicle.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 5 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 8 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 9 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 10 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault