Driver caught at 86mph on A140
- Credit: Archant
A motorist was caught doing more than 30mph over the speed limit on a major road linking Suffolk and Norfolk.
Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team Tweeted on Thursday, February 14 that they had stopped the vehicle at Coddenham on the A140.
The road links Ipswich with Norwich and Diss in Norfolk.
The officers Tweeted afterwards: “Driver stopped this evening after being seen travelling at 86mph in a 50mph limit on the A140.”
They added that a traffic offence report (TOR) was issued, which police can give to anyone seen committing a road offence.
You may also want to watch:
A TOR can mean a one-off fine or result in a court hearing.
Speeding is seen by police one of the ‘fatal four’ offences which makes you more likely to be killed or seriously injured in a collision alongside drink-driving, driving whilst using a mobile phone and not wearing a seatbelt.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 5 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 9 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 10 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store