Former Northgate Grammar students share memories at big school reunion
- Credit: Archant
Almost 100 former pupils of Northgate Grammar School got together for a big reunion in Ipswich on Friday – with some travelling thousands of miles to meet up with their old schoolmates.
The event, at Greshams, brought together boys and girls from the 1962 and 963 intake of pupils.
Organiser David Howlett said many had not seen each other for more than 50 years.
He said: “It took us about a year to put it together, using social media to wee how many former students we could find.
“This is the second reunion we have held, the first was in 1990.
“It was great to see some old faces and reminisce about our escapades.”
Mr Howlett said some guests had travelled hundreds of miles to reach the reunion - one who lives in Spain and another who now lives in Senegal.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 3 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 4 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 5 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 8 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 9 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 10 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
He said donations collected at the reunion were being donated to homeless charities.