Norwich: Paramedics issue warning about dangers after firework is posted through letterbox
PARAMEDICS have today issued a stark warning about the dangers of the misuse of fireworks after an incident.
The East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) were alerted to a property in Mousehold Avenue, Norwich at 1.34am to reports of a woman suffering the effects of smoke inhalation after a firework was posted through her letterbox.
Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “First and foremost this was a despicable and outrageous act to carry out.
“This incident could have quite easily turned into someone getting seriously injured or someone loosing their life.”
The woman was treated and assessed by paramedics but did not need to go to hospital.
Mr Sanderson added: “If fireworks are used properly and in the correct manner, accidents can be avoidable.
“However, they can cause devastating injuries if safety precautions are not followed. We recommend that people go along to a professionally-organised public displays.
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 6 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 7 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 8 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 9 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
“But, if you are planning to host your own event, we urge you exercise caution and make safety a priority to ensure everyone has a good time without getting hurt.”