Man charged with Ipswich attempted robbery
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man has been charged with attempted robbery following an incident in Ipswich last week.
Officers from Suffolk police were flagged down by a man after an offender had attempted to steal his bag on Norwich Road in the town on Friday, May 3 at around 11.30pm.
The victim, a man in his 20s, was not hurt during the incident.
Following enquiries from officers a man was arrest on suspicion of attempted robbery and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Jonathan Stone, 23, of Westwood Avenue, Ipswich was charged with attempted robbery.
You may also want to watch:
Stone was released on bail to appear before Ipswich Magistrates Court on Tuesday, May 28.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 3 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 4 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 5 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 6 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 7 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison
- 8 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 9 Anger as 'three to four large skips' of fly-tipped rubbish blocks road
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training