Nostalgia: Brownies did their best
OUR latest trip back down memory lane has taken us to 1985.
The photos include Ipswich Brownies presenting a bay monitor at Heath Road Hospital. Do you know which pack this is? Were you there?
Another image shows pupils from Cliff Lane School competing in their sports day while pupils from Castle Hill Junior School were snapped burying a time capsule.
Felixstowe Guitar School went busking in aid of the Fire Service Benevolent Fund in 1985. Do you remember seeing them? Maybe you were one of the musicians.
Other photos found show Ipswich Sea Cadets Inspection and All Hallows’ Church Boys’ Brigade awards presetnation.
You may also want to watch:
At St Matthew’s School the rounders team lined up for our photographers while Whitehouse Junior School took a trip to Kentwell Hall.
Are you in any of these photos, contact us and tell us your memories of the day it was taken.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Ipswich's infection rate falls — but more care home Covid deaths reported
Star reader Anne Durnford got in touch after we publised a picture back in April. She wrote: “I really enjoy your photographic memories and I have seen several familiar faces from my younger days. I was particularly interested in the picture showing three members of Girls’ Brigade (April 24) who had received their Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award.
“The three young ladies are Janis Wright (formerly Finbow), Susan Beston (Noy) and Alison Card (Pryke) who were then with the 4th Ipswich attached to Burlington Road Baptist Church.
“Sadly, the company at Burlington Road closed a couple of years ago but the church still runs a Duke of Edinburgh’s Award group. Other Girls’ Brigade companies in the area also take part in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and are busy preparing for summer expeditions, so if there are any adventurous girls out there who think Girls’ Brigade is for them do get in touch.
Thanks for the letter, Anne, and keep you contributions coming in! Do you remember these events from the Ipswich Star picture archives? Tell us about your memories of these photos, e-mail email@example.com