Nostalgia: Cliff Lane in a festive mood
Welcome to the latest instalment of our chronological look through the Star picture archives.
Here we are remembering the year 1971 and hope that these pictures spark some happy memories.
We have a photo from Cliff Lane Primary School’s Christmas Nativity in December 1971, a hot pants competition at Murray Road Youth Club and the presentation of a new pennant to Kesgrave Brownies.
Pupils from Chantry School were putting money into the Star Christmas charity fund back in 1971, are you in the picture?
Or were you at the Sunday Morning Football League or Ipswich Sea Cadets’ presentations pictures in our gallery, above right.
Linda Cunningham opened the Britannia Road Christmas Fair and we were there as well as being at the badminton finals held at the Ipswich YMCA. If you remember these photos being taken, tell us your memories.
Meanwhile, we have some information about a picture published of the Ragged Edge pop group.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 3 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 4 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 6 Regent expansion project takes step forward as plans urged for approval
- 7 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
- 8 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 9 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 10 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
Ipswich Star reader Jill Wright wrote in to tell us: “My husband John Wright was in the Ragged Edge group with my brother Richard Bennett, John Fodor and Tony Molyneaux standing next to the old Ambulance they travelled to gigs in.
“What a surprise to see this picture after all these years!” Many thanks.”
Do you recognise any of the people pictured? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your memories.
Or if you have any photos that you would like to share, upload them at suffolk.iwitness24.co.uk.
To buy a copy of these photos, click on the myphotos24 link top left.