Days Gone By: Memories from across Ipswich in our Throwback Thursday from 1974
- Credit: Archant
The Ipswich Amateur Operatic and Dramatic Society, Ipswich Town players and a Castle Hill dance marathon all feature in today’s Throwback Thursday - but have we pictured you?
This week’s Throwback Thursday starts off with the Ipswich Amateur Operatic and Dramatic Society who were in the final stages of preparing for a show in March 1974.
Our photographer caught them during a dress rehearsal ahead of thee group’s performance.
Portman Road hosted some special visitors as children from a school in Belfast were invited to the Blue’s home ground to meet Bryan Hamilton and David Johnson in a special signing session on training pitches by the stadium.
Castle Hill Community Centre did their bit for charity with a dancing marathon, which kept participants moving for hours on end to help raise funds.
You may also want to watch:
A military band staged a concert at The Gaumont, and an art exhibition gave students the chance to showcase their work.
One of our photographers also caught some pupils at Clifford Road school enjoying some playground games.
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 4 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 9 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 10 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
Do you have any memories from the photos in this gallery?
To share them with us, email our picture desk.