Days Gone By: Memories from across Ipswich in our Throwback Thursday from 1974
- Credit: Archant
The Ipswich Amateur Operatic and Dramatic Society, Ipswich Town players and a Castle Hill dance marathon all feature in today’s Throwback Thursday - but have we pictured you?
This week’s Throwback Thursday starts off with the Ipswich Amateur Operatic and Dramatic Society who were in the final stages of preparing for a show in March 1974.
Our photographer caught them during a dress rehearsal ahead of thee group’s performance.
Portman Road hosted some special visitors as children from a school in Belfast were invited to the Blue’s home ground to meet Bryan Hamilton and David Johnson in a special signing session on training pitches by the stadium.
Castle Hill Community Centre did their bit for charity with a dancing marathon, which kept participants moving for hours on end to help raise funds.
A military band staged a concert at The Gaumont, and an art exhibition gave students the chance to showcase their work.
One of our photographers also caught some pupils at Clifford Road school enjoying some playground games.
- 1 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 2 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 3 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 4 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 5 OPINION: Back to business - these are the council's plans for Ipswich
- 6 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 7 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 8 Cricket club praises ambulance service after player collapses in the field
- 9 Travellers move on from Chantry Park in Ipswich
- 10 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
Do you have any memories from the photos in this gallery?
To share them with us, email our picture desk.