Nostalgia: Digging for victory in 1975
- Credit: Archant
AS we continue into 2013, we take a look back into the archives once again.
Continuing on our journey through the archives we come to 1975 and among the latest images we have found are of a five-a-side football competition in Whitton, an archaelogical dig which took place in Lower Brook Street and the Ransome and Rapier children’s party. Along with these we found images of Bobby Robson at the Westbourne Youth club five-a-side finals and Christchurch Ladies Netball team.
Are you in any of these pictures? Drop us a line.
Meanwhile, we have heard from Joan Hassell who recognised the above picture from 1973 published recently.
She writes: “What a super New Year surprise to see the Suffolk County Tennis Team from 1973. I am the smallest one on the right and the others are from left to right: Joanna Lillis – sadly Joanna died in December last year; Yvonne Durham nee Grimwade; Sue Fulcher, nee Mornard; Winnie Lee, captain, now deceased; Ann Biddlecombe; Hilary la Duke; and myself, Joan Hassell, nee Stedman.
“We look pretty pleased with ourselves as, if I remember correctly, we were promoted to group two after winning all our matches in group 3.
Thanks for the letter, Joan and as ever, if you have any memories you wish to share with Star readers, email us at email@example.com
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 6 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 7 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 8 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 9 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
- 10 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
To buy a copy of one of these photos, select the myphotos24 link top left.