Days Gone By: Memories from the Thomas Eldred pub in 1974
If you were a regular at Thomas Eldred Pub the Racecourse in Cedarcroft Road, Ipswich, we may have pictured you in today’s nostalgia gallery.
There will be many a fond memory for our readers from the former Thomas Eldred pub in Ipswich.
It opened it’s doors in 1953, which gave the community in Cedarcroft Road a public house in which to drink and socialise.
These pictures, taken at the pub in 1974, show just how popular it was back in it’s heyday as the many punters enjoyed a night at the pub.
It was a popular, lively estate-based sports bar before it closed it’s doors for the final time in 2012 after it’s owners Greene King sold it to developers.
You may also want to watch:
It was soon demolished and six new homes were built in its place.
Were you a regular punter at Thomas Eldred pub in the 1970s, or can you spot yourself or anyone you know in these pictures taken from our archives?
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 3 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 4 Norwich Road closed after crash near BMW garage
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 9 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
To reveal the names of someone in the photographs, or to share your memories of Thomas Eldred Pub with us, email our picture desk at firstname.lastname@example.org