Days Gone By: Are you pictured in our gallery from Rushmere Hall Junior School’s silver jubilee celebrations?
- Credit: Archant
Plenty of fun was had at Rushmere Hall Junior School when pupils dressed up as part of the Queen’s silver jubilee celebrations in 1977.
These pictures taken by one of our photographers on the day show the many creative fancy dress costumes on display for the affair - including one girl, dubbed ‘mis-print’, dressed head to toe in newspaper.
The pupils proudly processed across the school field, to an audience of friends and relatives.
And the fun didn’t stop there, with activities involving bikes and prams also on the agenda.
The spectacle was one of hundreds to be held across Suffolk in 1977 to celebrate the Queen’s silver jubilee.
You may also want to watch:
Can you spot yourself or anyone you know in these pictures taken at Rushmere Hall Junior School?
To reveal the names of someone in the photographs, or to share your memories of the day with us, email our picture desk.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 7 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast