Days Gone By: Memories from the Gainsborough Hotel from 1975
- Credit: Archant
Are you pictured in this gallery from a night at The Gainsborough Hotel pub in Ipswich over 40 years ago?
We have delved into our archives once again, this time unearthing these pictures from a night at the Gainsborugh Hotel Pub in 1975.
Situated in Sandy Hill Lane in Ipswich, the Gainsborough Hotel was once part of the local community, with the first pint poured on the site in the 1930s. This gallery pictures some of the many faces who frequented it in 1975, and shows just how popular it was.
Formerly known as the Piper’s Vale pub, it sadly now belongs on the list of Ipswich’s lost pubs. It closed its doors for the final time in 1994 and the building has since been demolished.
Were you a regular punter at the pub in Sandy Hill Lane in the 1970s?
Can you spot yourself or anyone you know in these pictures from our archives?
To reveal the names of someone in the photographs, or to share your memories of the Gainsborough Hotel with us, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 3 A14 closed after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 8 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 9 Ipswich MP Tom Hunt speaks of 'disgust' at Downing Street parties
- 10 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week