Days Gone By: Northgate School, Suffolk College and Sir Bobby Robson feature in today’s Throwback Thursday from 1989
- Credit: OWEN HINES
Can you spot yourself in these pictures, taken by our photographers in 1989?
Our Throwback Thursday continues, this week looking back to April 1989.
To kick things off we look back to Northgate School when it held an athletics meet, with several track and field events on the agenda under grey skies.
In the same month Suffolk College hosted a St George’s Day parade, hosting a variety of youth groups and organisations all taking part in the festivities to celebrate the occasion.
Big Ipswich Town names including Sir Bobby Robson, Ted Phillips, Tommy Parker and others got together to reflect on the Tractor Boys’ glory days.
Northgate Sports Centre held an activity day for children with a variety of commando training equipment on offer, including rope ladders.
And finally, Sir Geoff Hurst made an appearance as he officially opened BAC Windows on St Matthews Street.
- 1 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 2 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 3 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 4 Man turned up naked on woman's doorstep after Euros Final
- 5 'Quietly confident' - Felixstowe Indian restaurant goes alcohol-free
- 6 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 7 Train services in Suffolk cancelled after horses escape onto tracks
- 8 Felixstowe's Wicker family beheaded by vandals
- 9 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 10 Busy Ipswich road reopens after small sinkhole is repaired
To share your memories, email email@example.com