September memories - first days at school and going back for autumn term
- Credit: Archant
As children start the new school year, today we're looking back to past autumn terms.
Can you spot yourself, a family member or any familiar faces in these September school photos from the 1960s through to the early 2000s?
Some of the photos show youngsters starting school for the first time in Reception class.
There are also memories of the opening of a new school, Coldfair Green School in Knodishall, in 1975.
Others feature different events from the first month of school - including celebrations of school centenaries and prize presentations.
The current start of the school year is very different from usual, amid the continuing pandemic, with Covid testing in place.
But children setting out on their school career, or moving to a new school, are just as excited as ever about the start of a new era.
If you would like to order copies of these photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449
- 1 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 2 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 3 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 4 Cinnabon chain coming to A14 service station
- 5 Ipswich man denies multiple rape offences as trial begins
- 6 Drunk driver nearly caused head-on crash driving on wrong side of the road
- 7 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 8 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 9 Ipswich man led police on 55 mile chase at 120mph
- 10 First look at iconic venue The Baths ahead of Sound City Ipswich Festival