Nostalgia: Staying safe on cycles in ‘68
WELCOME to the latest instalment of our chronological look through the Star picture archives.
Here we are remembering the year 1968 and hope that these pictures spark some happy memories.
Among the pictures we have an image of cycling proficiency tests at Sidegate Lane School in Ipswich; the crowning of Miss Suffolk Show in Felixstowe; Felixstowe Middle School’s brass band in action; and Ipswich School’s open day. Are you in any of the photos?
We also have an image of one of the many stalls at St Helen’s Hospital fete in June of that year; the Ipswich Starlite Club Talent contest and a donkey derby in Ipswich in June.
Were you one of the children from Felixstowe who got a lift home with a donkey and cart in July 1968?
You may also want to watch:
Do you remember these events?
As ever, if you have any memories you wish to share with Star readers, drop us a line at the addresses below and we’ll feature your contributions at a later date.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 5 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 8 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
If you would like to purchase a copy of one of these photographs click on the myphotos24 link top right.