Nostalgia: Staying safe on cycles in ‘68
WELCOME to the latest instalment of our chronological look through the Star picture archives.
Here we are remembering the year 1968 and hope that these pictures spark some happy memories.
Among the pictures we have an image of cycling proficiency tests at Sidegate Lane School in Ipswich; the crowning of Miss Suffolk Show in Felixstowe; Felixstowe Middle School’s brass band in action; and Ipswich School’s open day. Are you in any of the photos?
We also have an image of one of the many stalls at St Helen’s Hospital fete in June of that year; the Ipswich Starlite Club Talent contest and a donkey derby in Ipswich in June.
Were you one of the children from Felixstowe who got a lift home with a donkey and cart in July 1968?
Do you remember these events?
As ever, if you have any memories you wish to share with Star readers, drop us a line at the addresses below and we’ll feature your contributions at a later date.
- 1 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 2 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 3 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 4 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 5 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 7 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 8 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 9 Baby Elsie in ship-shape despite dramatic birth in car at Sutton Hoo
- 10 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
If you would like to purchase a copy of one of these photographs click on the myphotos24 link top right.