Days Gone By: Memories from Saturday Superstore filming at Christchurch Park in 1984
- Credit: Archant
Are you among the many people pictured from the filming of Saturday Superstore at Christchurch Park in 1984?
In 1984, the BBC show Saturday Superstore came to Christchurch Park in Ipswich to film an episode.
The spectacle attracted a huge crowd of people who flocked to the park to witness the show being filmed.
Pictures captured on the day show host Keith Chegwin task the contestants with plenty of games and challenges put on at the park, with Ipswich Town player Terry Butcher a special guest for the show.
Saturday Superstore was a children’s television series first broadcast on British television in 1982, and ran until 1987. It was shown on Saturday mornings with presenters including Mike Read, Sarah Greene, Keith Chegwin and John Craven.
Do you remember when Christchurch Park was the set of Saturday Superstore over 30 years ago?
Did you attend the filming or do you recognise anyone pictured in this gallery? To share your memories with us, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 2 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
- 3 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 7 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 8 Ipswich families unable to heat mouldy homes get action from landlord
- 9 Man denies stealing £1,275 from charity
- 10 21 massive acts coming to Ipswich this year