Nostalgia: Top of the table in ‘85
This week we come to 1985 in our trip down memory lane.
This week we bring you images of the Subbuteo final at Everybody’s Hobbies in Ipswich in March 1985, teachers retiring from Deben High School in Felixstowe and the Manganese Bronze Junior Chamber presentation. We also found images of a presentation of blankets to the Felixstowe Oxfam shop in March 1985, Ipswich School’s Under-13 hockey team, queues at the opening of Solar Superstore in Felixstowe and play rehearsals at Grange Primary School, Felixstowe.
Meanwhile, we have heard from Julia Carter, nee Cobb, who wrote in after we published a picture, last week from 1984.
She writes: “To my parents’ surprise there was a picture of me with others at a tennis group. It really takes me back. I am in the front row, right-hand side, and I was six years old. The tennis coach was David Lewis who sadly passed away last year. Thanks for a wonderful memory.”
Also putting pen to paper this week was Heather Talbot of Ransome Crescent, Ipswich, who wrote in after we published a picture of an Orwell Bridge open day in 1982.
She writes: “I read with interest your Photographic Memories in The Star of March 5.
“My father Cyril walked round the estates getting 2,000 signatures to help get the Orwell Bridge built. He also did a lot to help people and spent many years doing this. Sadly, my father passed away in 2002.”
- 1 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 2 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 4 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 5 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 6 'Incredibly proud': 11-year-old saves classmate choking on chicken nugget
- 7 Alleyway near Ipswich town centre remains sealed off after serious assault
- 8 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 9 'Fantastic' new café at Needham Lake beauty spot opens its doors
- 10 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
Are you in any of these pictures? Drop us a line.
If you have any memories you wish to share with Star readers, email us at email@example.com
To buy a copy of one of these photos, select the myphotos24 link top left.