Nostalgia: Trip back to 1984
WELCOME to the latest instalment of our chronological look through the Star picture archives.
We are remembering the year 1984 and hope that these pictures spark some happy, cheerful memories.
Among the latest pictures, published in the gallery above right, are Felixstowe Rugby Team, Orwell High School Felixstowe Techmart Awards, Amberfield School Athletic Team and Co-op darts marathon which was held at Ipswich Airport.
Another shows teams practicing for the Ipswich Raft Race, in June 1984, while John Wark was photographed at the Suffolk College Knit In held in March 1984. Another shows Castle Hill Infants School taking part in a Greek Olympics event in June 1984.
Do you remember these events from the Ipswich Star picture archives?
You may also want to watch:
As ever, if you have any memories you wish to share with Ipswich Star readers, drop us a line at the addresses below and we’ll feature your contributions at a later date. Write with your memories to: Sharon Clark, Photographic Memories, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail her at email@example.com
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 4 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 5 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 6 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 10 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison