Number one kit is the best
THIS is the new away kit all Ipswich Town fans hope will be seen at such grounds as Stamford Bridge and Goodison Park next season.Fans were given a look at the new strip at Saturday's game with Aston Villa, which left Ipswich fighting for their Premiership survival.
By Nick Richards
THIS is the new away kit all Ipswich Town fans hope will be seen at such grounds as Stamford Bridge and Goodison Park next season.
Fans were given a look at the new strip at Saturday's game with Aston Villa, which left Ipswich fighting for their Premiership survival.
Town fans were unanimous in choosing the simpler claret and blue style ahead of the second choice, which had white piping around the top of the shirt.
Some 12,000 votes were cast in a poll on the Ipswich Town website and through the Evening Star, with design number one being the clear winner.
Ipswich Town said the response for the 'away kit poll' was the highest ever registered at the club.
- 1 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 2 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 3 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 4 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 5 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 6 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 7 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 8 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 9 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 10 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
The colours were especially chosen by the club so as not to clash with any other Premiership kits, such as Blackburn Rovers, whose blue and white halves meant Town has to play in all-black earlier this month.
Evening Star Brand Manager Austen Dack is a fan of the new design. He said:
"It's a clear winner from the start, but it was good to put it to the vote. I think it's a good design – lets hope Ipswich are wearing it in the Premiership next season"
The club will launch the replica away kit in the summer, taking pre-orders six weeks before the official launch date.
n The Evening Star will have one of the first new strips to give away before the start of the season.