Nursery is celebrating double award success
RENDLESHAM: A nursery is celebrating after its owner became one of the first men in Suffolk to pick up a top qualification.
Dan Powick, of Rendlesham Day Nursery, has achieved early years professional status (EYPS).
It is the highest qualification that can be received in the early years sector and is the gold standard for those working with children under the age of five.
Mr Powick, who studied at University Campus Suffolk, said: “The early years professional status is a wide-ranging and rigorous qualification that covers all aspects of working with children and running a successful nursery.
“I had to spend time running the baby, toddler and pre-school rooms and learnt many lessons on how to provide the best possible nursery experience for the children here.
You may also want to watch:
“It also covers how to motivate staff, liaise with other childcare providers and outside professionals and how to include parents in their children’s nursery education.”
Mr Powick’s qualification is the latest success for the nursery, which also recently received a glowing report from Ofsted.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 5 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 6 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 Not long to wait for new café at Needham Lake
Inspectors said the nursery had “a fresh and welcoming environment with a wide array of resources and activities from which all children can actively learn and progress”.
It received “outstanding” grades in the areas of enjoy and achieve, leadership and management and learning and development.
n Do you know of an organisation that is going from strenght to strength? Write to Your Letters, The Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to email@example.com