Nursery is celebrating double award success
RENDLESHAM: A nursery is celebrating after its owner became one of the first men in Suffolk to pick up a top qualification.
Dan Powick, of Rendlesham Day Nursery, has achieved early years professional status (EYPS).
It is the highest qualification that can be received in the early years sector and is the gold standard for those working with children under the age of five.
Mr Powick, who studied at University Campus Suffolk, said: “The early years professional status is a wide-ranging and rigorous qualification that covers all aspects of working with children and running a successful nursery.
“I had to spend time running the baby, toddler and pre-school rooms and learnt many lessons on how to provide the best possible nursery experience for the children here.
“It also covers how to motivate staff, liaise with other childcare providers and outside professionals and how to include parents in their children’s nursery education.”
Mr Powick’s qualification is the latest success for the nursery, which also recently received a glowing report from Ofsted.
- 1 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 2 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 3 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 4 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 5 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 6 OPINION: Back to business - these are the council's plans for Ipswich
- 7 Cricket club praises ambulance service after player collapses in the field
- 8 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 9 Travellers move on from Chantry Park in Ipswich
- 10 St Clement's Church ready for new life as an arts centre
Inspectors said the nursery had “a fresh and welcoming environment with a wide array of resources and activities from which all children can actively learn and progress”.
It received “outstanding” grades in the areas of enjoy and achieve, leadership and management and learning and development.
n Do you know of an organisation that is going from strenght to strength? Write to Your Letters, The Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org