Nursery pupils make mince pies for church members
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at an Ipswich nursery have been spreading round the festive cheer.
Children from Springfield Infants and Nursery shared mince pies earlier this week with members of the nearby Bramford Road Methodist Church lunch club.
The lunch club is made up of older members of the community who gather weekly to eat together.
The pupils made the mince pies themselves during their lessons.
They also went to see them delivered round the corner at the church.
You may also want to watch:
Nursery teacher, Mrs Wesson said: “We are proud that even our youngest children want to be part of their community.
“Children who attend our Nursery are given opportunities alongside children in School to experience the joy of giving at Christmas and to use their emerging speaking, listening, reading and writing skills to follow recipes to create special treats for the lunch club.”
- 1 Concern over plight of homeless man living in tent beside Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 3 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Suffolk?
- 4 Did you get in the groove at Harry Palmers club nights back in 2003?
- 5 Police issue CCTV images in connection with Ipswich investigation
- 6 Ipswich council house rent increase agreed - here's how much your bill will increase
- 7 How much are people still going out in this lockdown?
- 8 Tributes to grandmother who helped 'countless' people find work
- 9 Missing boy Emilio, 15, found after rescue teams join search
- 10 Calls to bring back queuing outside supermarkets amid rise in Covid cases