OAP targeted by con man
AN 81-year-old woman has been targeted in a distraction burglary in Ipswich. Today police urged the elderly to be extra vigilant and said if they were ever in doubt not to let strangers into their homes.
AN 81-year-old woman has been targeted in a distraction burglary in Ipswich.
Today police urged the elderly to be extra vigilant and said if they were ever in doubt, not to let strangers into their homes.
At around 1pm yesterday, a pensioner in Wellesley Road, opened her door to a man who said he was there to check her water system. Although the lady has no problems she allowed the man into her home.
After asking for a cup of tea the man walked round the house and without carrying out any work, left.
You may also want to watch:
The lady later found that her purse containing a quantity of money had been taken.
The offender is described as white, around 40 years old, 5ft 6in tall, he wore a grey anorak/coat and a multi coloured hat.
- 1 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 2 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 3 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
- 8 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 9 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 10 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
Anyone who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area at the time should call DC Ged Carlon at Ipswich CID on 01473 383191.