OAP targeted by con man
AN 81-year-old woman has been targeted in a distraction burglary in Ipswich. Today police urged the elderly to be extra vigilant and said if they were ever in doubt not to let strangers into their homes.
AN 81-year-old woman has been targeted in a distraction burglary in Ipswich.
Today police urged the elderly to be extra vigilant and said if they were ever in doubt, not to let strangers into their homes.
At around 1pm yesterday, a pensioner in Wellesley Road, opened her door to a man who said he was there to check her water system. Although the lady has no problems she allowed the man into her home.
After asking for a cup of tea the man walked round the house and without carrying out any work, left.
You may also want to watch:
The lady later found that her purse containing a quantity of money had been taken.
The offender is described as white, around 40 years old, 5ft 6in tall, he wore a grey anorak/coat and a multi coloured hat.
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 3 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 7 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 10 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
Anyone who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area at the time should call DC Ged Carlon at Ipswich CID on 01473 383191.