OAPs on alert for distraction burglar
POLICE today warned pensioners to be on alert for distraction burglars after a man pretending to be from an electricity company entered the home of an elderly lady.
POLICE are today investigating a distraction burglary after a man pretending to be from an electricity company entered the home of an elderly lady.
The man knocked on the door of the woman's home in Stowupland at about 2.45pm and said he needed to read the property's electricity meter.
The meter was on the outside of the house so the lady allowed the man to take the reading but when she returned to check on him she found him inside the house.
The man promptly fled but Suffolk police quickly warned other residents in the area to only answer their doors to people whose identity they were sure about.
You may also want to watch:
The man was described as white, 6ft tall, with dark, tidy hair. He was wearing a navy blue jacket, dark trousers and was in his late 20s or early 30s.
Anyone with information should contact police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths