Officer hurt in smash
A MAN was airlifted to hospital today with serious head injures after a head-on smash in Ringshall.Shortly before 8am a blue Renault Megane travelling towards Wattisham collided with a white Vauxhall Nova on the B1078.
A MAN was airlifted to hospital today with serious head injures after a head-on smash in Ringshall.
Shortly before 8am a blue Renault Megane travelling towards Wattisham collided with a white Vauxhall Nova on the B1078.
The male driver of the Vauxhall, a 40-year-old military officer from Wattisham, was airlifted to Ipswich hospital with serious injuries.
A 17-year-old man, who was driving the Megane, was also taken to Ipswich Hospital, but his injuries were thought to be minor.
Pc Jerry Abigail, officer in charge of the scene said: "We would like to remind people to take care when roads are damp and icy. They may lose control and come to grief as seen this morning."
Emergency services were also called to the scene of a two-car smash just outside Woodbridge at rush hour.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 6 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Police and ambulance crews went to Grundisburgh Road at about 8.40am. Fire crews were also called when it was discovered the car doors had jammed.
The accident led to a traffic snarl-up in the area, but there were not thought to be any serious injuries arising from the crash.
There were also delays on the Orwell Bridge after a minor two-vehicle just after 8.20am.
A Toyota and a Ford Escort collided on the westbound carriageway of the A14 just before the bridge.
Emergency services attended to clear the road and the driver of the Escort was taken to Ipswich Hospital. His injuries were not thought to be serious.