Officer injured during chase
A PLAIN clothes police officer is recovering today after he was assaulted as he tried to apprehend two teenagers. The male officer was seen with blood pouring from his head as he pursued two people along Foxhall Road, Ipswich shortly before 3pm yesterday .
A PLAIN clothes police officer is recovering today after he was assaulted as he tried to apprehend two teenagers.
The male officer was seen with blood pouring from his head as he pursued two people along Foxhall Road, Ipswich shortly before 3pm yesterday .
He was taken to Ipswich Hospital with facial injuries.
An area of the pavement along Foxhall Road near to the junction with Back Hamlet was immediately sealed off, as was an alleyway between Gladstone Road and Foxhall Road.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood the officer gave chase through the alleyway and into Foxhall Road.
A single shoe, baseball cap and some bloodied kitchen roll which were left on the wall nearby were examined by scenes of crime officers, who scoured the area.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 9 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
Neighbours said they were alerted to the incident by shouting coming from the street.
One mother, who lives in Foxhall Road, said: “There was one man with blood all over his face while there was another on the ground.
“He was yelling to him to get down which is why I came to look at what was happening.
“He managed to get him to the ground and then a motorcyclist stopped to help. He put his knee on his back and kept him down while the other man used his phone to call the police.”
She said officers were on the scene within minutes.
“It was quite alarming when I heard the screaming - you don't know what's going on,” she said.
A 14-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm to a police officer and possession of Class A drugs and resisting arrest.
A 15-year-old was also arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm to a police officer and possession of Class A drugs.
Both of the teenagers, who are from Hackney, London were held at Ipswich police station and were due to be questioned today.
n. Did you see the drama? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or email firstname.lastname@example.org