Officer resigns after alleged misconduct
A SUFFOLK police officer who faced an internal inquiry into allegations of misconduct has resigned.Pc Steve Mitchell, who was based at Stowmarket, resigned prior to a hearing into two incidents which were alleged to have happened in Stowmarket in April last year.
A SUFFOLK police officer who faced an internal inquiry into allegations of misconduct has resigned.
Pc Steve Mitchell, who was based at Stowmarket, resigned prior to a hearing into two incidents which were alleged to have happened in Stowmarket in April last year.
It is understood he resigned prior to a three-day hearing scheduled to be held this month.
Mr Mitchell, of Stewart Young Grove, Kesgrave, was suspended shortly after the incidents took place while Suffolk Constabulary carried out an investigation into the matter.
You may also want to watch:
As a result of the investigation, a file was sent to the Crown Prosecution Service, which subsequently decided not to take the matter no further.
The allegations were then referred to the Police Complaints Authority.
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 7 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 8 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 9 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 10 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
A spokesman for the authority was unable to give the status of the authority's review of the alleged incidents at the present time.
A police spokeswoman said: "Because of data protection and other legal issues we do not discuss the confidential personnel records of either our current or our former employees."
A spokesman for the Police Federation in Suffolk declined to comment.