Officers search house after body found
FORENSIC officers were carrying out a detailed search of a house in Felixstowe today after a man was found dead at the property.Police officers were called to the two-storey terraced house in Langer Road last night after a neighbour became concerned about the man's welfare.
FORENSIC officers were carrying out a detailed search of a house in Felixstowe today after a man was found dead at the property.
Police officers were called to the two-storey terraced house in Langer Road last night after a neighbour became concerned about the man's welfare.
Officers entered the property about 10.10pm and found a body. Today a forensic team was asked to examine the scene.
Residents said it was a shock to see officers suddenly turn up at the house and had been unaware anything was wrong.
Police said they were dealing with a sudden death and there were no suspicious circumstances. The man has not been named and details will be sent to the coroner's office and an inquest will be held.
Officers in white protection suits were present this morning but the scene was not cordoned off and the public were not being prevented from using the road. Two uniform officers were also present.
- 1 Lido cash bid could get restoration of much-loved pool underway
- 2 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 3 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 5 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 Revealed: The latest Covid rates in every Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Line-up announced for Ipswich library's music event
- 9 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 10 Homes proposed for two sites at Purdis Farm
Neighbour Bruce Harrison, who lives in the rear of the block of houses, which are owned and run by a housing association, said: “I went out at 7am today and it was all quiet then and there were no police here at all.
“Then a while later three police cars arrived and officers have been going in and out of the house ever since.”
Neighbours said the one-bed room house was occupied by a man but didn't believe he had lived there for more than a couple of months.
“I have seen him coming and going occasionally but never spoken to him. The residents of the block do tend to keep themselves to themselves,” said one resident.
The house is on Langer Road just past the junction with Tacon Road.
It was formerly owned by the English Churches Housing Group but was taken over by Riverside Housing earlier this year and is run as supported housing, catering for people with a range of specialist needs.
Did you know the man - would you like to pay tribute to him? Call our Felixstowe newsdesk on 01394 284109 or email email@example.com