Officers search house after body found
FORENSIC officers were carrying out a detailed search of a house in Felixstowe today after a man was found dead at the property.Police officers were called to the two-storey terraced house in Langer Road last night after a neighbour became concerned about the man's welfare.
FORENSIC officers were carrying out a detailed search of a house in Felixstowe today after a man was found dead at the property.
Police officers were called to the two-storey terraced house in Langer Road last night after a neighbour became concerned about the man's welfare.
Officers entered the property about 10.10pm and found a body. Today a forensic team was asked to examine the scene.
Residents said it was a shock to see officers suddenly turn up at the house and had been unaware anything was wrong.
You may also want to watch:
Police said they were dealing with a sudden death and there were no suspicious circumstances. The man has not been named and details will be sent to the coroner's office and an inquest will be held.
Officers in white protection suits were present this morning but the scene was not cordoned off and the public were not being prevented from using the road. Two uniform officers were also present.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
Neighbour Bruce Harrison, who lives in the rear of the block of houses, which are owned and run by a housing association, said: “I went out at 7am today and it was all quiet then and there were no police here at all.
“Then a while later three police cars arrived and officers have been going in and out of the house ever since.”
Neighbours said the one-bed room house was occupied by a man but didn't believe he had lived there for more than a couple of months.
“I have seen him coming and going occasionally but never spoken to him. The residents of the block do tend to keep themselves to themselves,” said one resident.
The house is on Langer Road just past the junction with Tacon Road.
It was formerly owned by the English Churches Housing Group but was taken over by Riverside Housing earlier this year and is run as supported housing, catering for people with a range of specialist needs.
Did you know the man - would you like to pay tribute to him? Call our Felixstowe newsdesk on 01394 284109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org