Official Oktoberfest coming to Ipswich for first time ever this autumn
- Credit: AP
Bavarian bier festival Oktoberfest is coming to Ipswich later this year, organisers of the world famous German event have announced.
Christchurch Park will play host to a weekend of traditional Bavarian entertainment, food and drink for the very first time in 2017 alongside other UK venues including Rotherham and Preston.
Celebrations are to kick off at 5pm on Friday, October 27, and last until 11pm on Saturday, October 28.
Taking place inside one of Europe’s largest touring bier tents, oompah bands from around the world will play throughout the weekend.
Organisers have said a large selection of traditional German foods will also be on offer.
As is custom at the festival, which began in 1810, barrels of authentic bier will be emptied into thousands of glass steins.
Lederhosen and traditional Bavarian costumes are also a common sight – with revellers encouraged to go all out.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 7 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail
- 10 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
The Ipswich date has been announced as part of Oktoberfest’s official UK tour.
More details to follow.
Pre-sale tickets are available here.