Oil tank up in flames
FIRE broke out in a domestic oil tank today in Gillingham.The fire soon spread to the outbuildings.Firefighters rushed from Beccles, Loddon and Gorleston to Michaelmas House in Kings Dam, Gillingham just after 4pm.
FIRE broke out in a domestic oil tank in Gillingham today.
The fire soon spread to the outbuildings.
Firefighters rushed from Beccles, Loddon and Gorleston to Michaelmas House in Kings Dam, Gillingham just after 4pm.
Fire crews managed to get the fire under control after about 40 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
But the Loddon and Beccles crews were detained for more than an hour afterwards dampening down the oil tank and outbuildings.
Around 50 litres of heating oil and 25 litres of foam – which had been used to put out the fire – were dispersed into the ground.
- 1 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 2 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 3 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 6 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years