Oil tank up in flames
FIRE broke out in a domestic oil tank today in Gillingham.The fire soon spread to the outbuildings.Firefighters rushed from Beccles, Loddon and Gorleston to Michaelmas House in Kings Dam, Gillingham just after 4pm.
FIRE broke out in a domestic oil tank in Gillingham today.
The fire soon spread to the outbuildings.
Firefighters rushed from Beccles, Loddon and Gorleston to Michaelmas House in Kings Dam, Gillingham just after 4pm.
Fire crews managed to get the fire under control after about 40 minutes.
But the Loddon and Beccles crews were detained for more than an hour afterwards dampening down the oil tank and outbuildings.
Around 50 litres of heating oil and 25 litres of foam – which had been used to put out the fire – were dispersed into the ground.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 7 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 8 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice