Old boys get together at Ipswich
FORMER pupils of Northgate School rolled back over 60 years with a reunion lunch.Many of the nine-strong party had not seen one another since leaving the Ipswich school way back in 1941.
FORMER pupils of Northgate School rolled back over 60 years with a reunion lunch.
Many of the nine-strong party had not seen one another since leaving the Ipswich school way back in 1941.
Arthur Dolman was among those at the reunion held at the Golf Hotel, in Foxhall Road.
He said: "The lunch was completely successful with everyone fully at ease and talking as if it was only a few days since they had last met."
You may also want to watch:
"Everyone was highly delighted to meet up again."
Also present at the reunion was Bob Jewell, Leslie Ridgeon, Russell Copsey, Paul Packwood, Frank Starsmere, Colin Campbell, Colin Pettingale, John Kirby.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 3 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 8 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 9 3 new eateries for you to try as Covid rules ease
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
The idea for the get-together was the result of a meeting at an old boys' reunion at the Suffolk show ground last November. It was here that it was decided to arrange a meal to allow more time to talk over old times.
The group enjoyed the occasion so much that they are already planning the next reunion, probably some time in October.
Any members of 5a1, 5a2 and 5b who left the school in 1941 are welcome to attend.
They are asked to contact Mr Dolman on 01473 421012.