Old boys get together at Ipswich
FORMER pupils of Northgate School rolled back over 60 years with a reunion lunch.Many of the nine-strong party had not seen one another since leaving the Ipswich school way back in 1941.
FORMER pupils of Northgate School rolled back over 60 years with a reunion lunch.
Many of the nine-strong party had not seen one another since leaving the Ipswich school way back in 1941.
Arthur Dolman was among those at the reunion held at the Golf Hotel, in Foxhall Road.
He said: "The lunch was completely successful with everyone fully at ease and talking as if it was only a few days since they had last met."
"Everyone was highly delighted to meet up again."
Also present at the reunion was Bob Jewell, Leslie Ridgeon, Russell Copsey, Paul Packwood, Frank Starsmere, Colin Campbell, Colin Pettingale, John Kirby.
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 3 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 4 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 5 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
- 7 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 8 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 9 List of 18 rejected proposals to save Felixstowe beach huts revealed
- 10 Fuel spillage causes delays on busy Ipswich road after truck breaks down
The idea for the get-together was the result of a meeting at an old boys' reunion at the Suffolk show ground last November. It was here that it was decided to arrange a meal to allow more time to talk over old times.
The group enjoyed the occasion so much that they are already planning the next reunion, probably some time in October.
Any members of 5a1, 5a2 and 5b who left the school in 1941 are welcome to attend.
They are asked to contact Mr Dolman on 01473 421012.