Old boys get together at Ipswich
FORMER pupils of Northgate School rolled back over 60 years with a reunion lunch.Many of the nine-strong party had not seen one another since leaving the Ipswich school way back in 1941.
FORMER pupils of Northgate School rolled back over 60 years with a reunion lunch.
Many of the nine-strong party had not seen one another since leaving the Ipswich school way back in 1941.
Arthur Dolman was among those at the reunion held at the Golf Hotel, in Foxhall Road.
He said: "The lunch was completely successful with everyone fully at ease and talking as if it was only a few days since they had last met."
You may also want to watch:
"Everyone was highly delighted to meet up again."
Also present at the reunion was Bob Jewell, Leslie Ridgeon, Russell Copsey, Paul Packwood, Frank Starsmere, Colin Campbell, Colin Pettingale, John Kirby.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Hospital site at St Clement's in Ipswich transformed into homes
- 3 New axe-throwing bar with crazy golf and cocktails could be coming to Buttermarket
- 4 How developers hope to bring 'important' town centre building back to use
- 5 See the faces of the criminals who have been jailed in Suffolk this week
- 6 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 7 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 8 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 9 Church ripe for homes conversion is under offer
- 10 Fisons site owners seeking pre-application advice on fire-hit site
The idea for the get-together was the result of a meeting at an old boys' reunion at the Suffolk show ground last November. It was here that it was decided to arrange a meal to allow more time to talk over old times.
The group enjoyed the occasion so much that they are already planning the next reunion, probably some time in October.
Any members of 5a1, 5a2 and 5b who left the school in 1941 are welcome to attend.
They are asked to contact Mr Dolman on 01473 421012.