Olympic swimmer Sharron Davies opens new Sproughton pool
A new £1.8 million teaching pool has been officially unveiled by Olympic swimmer Sharron Davies.
Hundreds of people turned out to the launch of the First Strokes pool, located on Hadleigh Road, Sproughton, on Saturday.
Co-owners Alastair and Gillian Dovey put on a water-themed family fun day to mark the grand opening, with undersea mascots, splash dances, giant inflatables, circus performers and competitions.
Sally Partlett-Hulstrom, who attended the event, said: “We have had such a fun day. The pool looks amazing and everything from the reception to the changing rooms has been beautifully done, we can’t wait to get in the water.”
First to take a surprise dive in the pool was Sharron, who amazed crowds with her medal-winning butterfly stroke.
South Suffolk MP James Cartlidge also attended the launch.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 7 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail
- 10 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich