On line learning on display
A MAJOR development in on-line learning has been on display at Suffolk College.On show was learndirect, a government sponsored scheme to offer high quality learning utilising the latest in information technology.
A MAJOR development in online learning has been on display at Suffolk College.
On show was learndirect, a government sponsored scheme to offer high quality learning utilising the latest in information technology.
Ipswich MP Chris Mole, was one of the guests at the event trying their hand at a free taster course.
David Bowers, learndirect centre manager at Suffolk College, said: "learndirect is all about offering educational opportunity to people who may not otherwise be able to attend traditional college classes, for example due to work pressures or family commitments. Most learndirect courses can be accessed over the internet, meaning that you can learn at a time, place and pace that suits you."
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk College has recently invested significantly in a dedicated learndirect learning centre, with a suite of high speed computers customised for on-line learning, and staffed at all times by a friendly team who can offer advice, support and encouragement to learners old and new.
learndirect offers courses covering Information Technology from beginners to expert level and professional development for Business and Management, as well as short refresher courses in basic number and language skills.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 6 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 7 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 8 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 9 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 10 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
For further information, or to preview a taster course, telephone the Suffolk College learndirect centre on 01473 296559.