On line learning on display
A MAJOR development in on-line learning has been on display at Suffolk College.On show was learndirect, a government sponsored scheme to offer high quality learning utilising the latest in information technology.
A MAJOR development in online learning has been on display at Suffolk College.
On show was learndirect, a government sponsored scheme to offer high quality learning utilising the latest in information technology.
Ipswich MP Chris Mole, was one of the guests at the event trying their hand at a free taster course.
David Bowers, learndirect centre manager at Suffolk College, said: "learndirect is all about offering educational opportunity to people who may not otherwise be able to attend traditional college classes, for example due to work pressures or family commitments. Most learndirect courses can be accessed over the internet, meaning that you can learn at a time, place and pace that suits you."
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk College has recently invested significantly in a dedicated learndirect learning centre, with a suite of high speed computers customised for on-line learning, and staffed at all times by a friendly team who can offer advice, support and encouragement to learners old and new.
learndirect offers courses covering Information Technology from beginners to expert level and professional development for Business and Management, as well as short refresher courses in basic number and language skills.
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
For further information, or to preview a taster course, telephone the Suffolk College learndirect centre on 01473 296559.