On the seventh day - take a book out
SUNDAY openings are set for Suffolk's 43 libraries in a new venture that could transform their perception and use. The nine-week campaign, which runs from August 10 to October 5, will see up to five libraries opening every Sunday.
SUNDAY openings are set for Suffolk's 43 libraries in a new venture that could transform their perception and use.
The nine-week campaign, which runs from August 10 to October 5, will see up to five libraries opening every Sunday.
Tagged the Sunday Experience, ten local artist exhibitions are being held to celebrate the project.
Live music and refreshments, including hot and cold drinks and snacks, will be available to enable people to wander around, listening to music and eating as they go.
You may also want to watch:
Story times for children and families as well as drop-in homework support clubs are also planned.
The Sunday exhibition comes to Felixstowe on August 17, Ipswich on August 24 and then Stowmarket and Hadleigh on August 31.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 4 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 5 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 6 New special school planned for former BT site
- 7 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 8 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 9 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 10 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
To celebrate the launch, a competition is being held for people of all ages in Suffolk in the three categories of art, music and web.
The art section invites people to design a postcard representing the scheme, while the music category asks entrants to compose a 20-second radio advert.
The web section asks people to design a web page in the form of a graphic in HTML format.
People can submit their entry from July 1 to August 20 by dropping it into their library or by sending it to: The Sunday Experience Competition, Libraries and Heritage, St Andrew House, County Hall, St Helen's Street, Ipswich, IP4 1LJ.
The competition entries will be split into the age categories of under 11 years old, 11 to 17 years of age and 18 years of age and older.