One girl, 20 staff at council home
TWENTY staff are being employed at an Ipswich children's home... looking after just one child.Now the Belstead Road home is facing closure as Suffolk County Council looks at its provision of children's services.
By Paul Geater
TWENTY staff are being employed at an Ipswich children's home... looking after just one child.
Now the Belstead Road home is facing closure as Suffolk County Council looks at its provision of children's services.
When the home was bought many years ago, it had room for up to 11 children. Changes to legislation and to the layout of the building itself mean that it now only has room for six residents - but at present there is only one girl living there.
Social workers hope she will soon be able to return to live with members of her family.
But the end could soon be in sight for the home.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 7 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 8 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 9 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 10 Man who left taxi driver with serious head injuries admits attack
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR