One girl, 20 staff at council home
TWENTY staff are being employed at an Ipswich children's home... looking after just one child.Now the Belstead Road home is facing closure as Suffolk County Council looks at its provision of children's services.
By Paul Geater
TWENTY staff are being employed at an Ipswich children's home... looking after just one child.
Now the Belstead Road home is facing closure as Suffolk County Council looks at its provision of children's services.
When the home was bought many years ago, it had room for up to 11 children. Changes to legislation and to the layout of the building itself mean that it now only has room for six residents - but at present there is only one girl living there.
You may also want to watch:
Social workers hope she will soon be able to return to live with members of her family.
But the end could soon be in sight for the home.
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 3 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 4 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 5 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 6 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: Burglar, dangerous driver and drug dealer put behind bars
- 8 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 9 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 10 Man, 20, to face trial over £1,500 drug haul
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR